Ash Ketchum, the young Pokémon Trainer from Pallet Town, has had many exciting adventures over the years on his journey to become a Pokémon Master. He's made many friends and encountered countless wonderful Pokémon along the way, but he's also seen plenty of thrilling Pokémon battles. Right now, on Pokémon TV, you can relive some Ash's biggest battles over the years.
Before settling down to watch these classic episodes, you can test your Pokémon the Series knowledge by taking this quiz. Be sure to tally up your score to see how well you did at the end of the quiz, and then watch the episodes to see the battles in action—or to serve as a reminder of Ash's achievements. Remember that you can check out Ash's Biggest Battles here on watch.pokemon.com or by using the Pokémon TV mobile app. Have fun!
1. In “Electric Shock Showdown,” Ash and Pikachu go up against Lt. Surge and his Raichu at the Vermillion City Gym. What is Lt. Surge's nickname for Pokémon Trainers that lose to him?
2. During Ash's rematch against Lt. Surge in “Electric Shock Showdown,” what move does Pikachu use to outmaneuver Raichu's hard hitting Body Slam attack?
3. In “Friend and Foe Alike,” Ash is running late for a battle against his friend Richie in the Pokémon League Competition. When Ash finally arrives at the stadium, what is the bike that he's riding dangling from?
4. “The Ties That Bind” shows a flashback of Ash and Gary Oak fishing before they began their Pokémon journey. While fishing, the two rivals get their fishing lines snagged on the same object. What did they both catch?
5. At the beginning of Ash and Gary's battle in “The Ties That Bind,” what type of terrain is randomly chosen for their battlefield?
6. In “Pace—The Final Frontier,” Ash's Squirtle battles Brandon's Solrock. Before Solrock uses SolarBeam to knock out Squirtle, what attack did the Squirtle attempt to use on Solrock?
7. During Ash and Paul's match in “Battling a Thaw in Relations!,” Ash's Infernape appears to be knocked out after being grabbed by Paul's Electivire and hit with what attack?
8. At the Sinnoh League Tournament in “The Semi-Final Frontier!,” Ash faces off against Tobias in the semifinals. How many Pokémon are each competitor allowed to bring into the battle?
9. When Ash battles Tobias in “The Semi-Final Frontier!,” Tobias sends out a powerful Darkrai. Ash's Sceptile manages to defeat the Mythical Pokémon with what attack?
10. In “The Moment of Lumiose Truth!,” Ash battles Clemont at the Lumiose City Gym. During the match, Ash recalls his Goodra after Clemont's Heliolisk afflicts it with what status condition?
11. In “Down to the Fiery Finish!,” Ash's Goodra prepares to challenge Alain's Bisharp. What move does Ash have Goodra perform at the start of their match in order to “fix up the battlefield”?
12. During the climatic final battle in “Down to the Fiery Finish!,” Ash's Ash-Greninja is up against Alain's Mega Charizard X. What attack does Ash-Greninja use to create duplicates of itself?
13. While Ash's Pikachu is battling Misty's Gyarados in “When Regions Collide!,” Misty reveals that she has a Key Stone that allows Gyarados to Mega Evolve. Where does she wear her Key Stone?
14. When Ash's Pikachu and Gladion's Zoroark both use Z-Moves during their battle in “Enter the Champion!,” it results in a Double KO. After tending to their Pokémon, what do the two rivals begin doing as they stare each other down, much to the bewilderment of the audience?
15. When Ash's Lycanroc takes on Gladion's Lycanroc at the climax of “Enter the Champion!,” Gladion's Lycanroc pulls off an attack to break through Ash's Lycanroc's Stone Edge. The technique works, but it leaves Gladion's Lycanroc confused. What attack did Gladion's Lycanroc use?
No matter how well you did on this quiz, you can tune in to Pokémon TV to check out Ash's Biggest Battles and give it another try. Remember that you can watch Pokémon TV here on watch.pokemon.com or by using the Pokémon TV mobile app.