The Alola region is known for its balmy palm trees, stunning turquoise waters, friendly residents, and stunning array of diverse Pokémon. But despite its laid-back vibe, a lot of battling, training, studying, and exploring still happens in this island paradise.
You've seen the Alola region many times across the Pokémon world—it's the central setting for Pokémon Sun, Pokémon Moon, Pokémon Ultra Sun, and Pokémon Ultra Moon. The three seasons of Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon are set across Alola's islands, and the Pokémon TCG: Sun & Moon Series includes more than one dozen expansions with cards featuring Alolan Pokémon and unique locales.
So how well do you remember the Alola region? Test your knowledge by taking this quiz that encompasses Alola's video games, animation, and Pokémon TCG.
1. Who is the leader of the Team Skull, the villainous crew that makes its home in Alola?
2. In Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, what flock of Pokémon is attacking Cosmog on Plank Bridge?
3. Which of Alola's islands is actually an artificial structure?
4. What Pokémon lives inside the Pokédex that Professor Kukui gives the main character at the beginning of Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon?
5. What's the name of the building that Team Skull uses as its headquarters in Po Town?
6. In Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, which type of Pokémon does Kahuna Hala use in his Grand Trial Battle against the player character?
7. In the Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon, which five Alolan Trainers does Ash study with at the Pokémon School on Melemele Island?
8. In Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon—Ultra Adventures, who does Professor Kukui propose to?
9. What Pokémon hatches from the Egg that Samson Oak gives to Lillie to care for in Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon?
10. What is the secret identity of the Masked Royal?
11. What color nectar do you use on Oricorio to change it into Pom-Pom Style?
12. What delicious, doughy snack is sold in shops across Alola?
13. In the Pokémon TCG: Sun & Moon Series, what Grass-type Pokémon-GX has the Feather Arrow Ability?
14. What Alolan regional variant Pokémon is willing to stick its neck out to get more of that energizing Alola sunshine?
15. What twin ancient locales representing Solgaleo and Lunala appeared in the Sun & Moon—Guardians Rising expansion?
So, how well did you do? Give yourself one point for each question that you got correct, and see where you land on the scale below: